Usually, we start learning our first foreign language at school because we have to as it is a part of a school program. Due to our age, and small life experience, most of us underestimate the importance of knowing foreign languages and the ability to communicate them fluently.
But as soon as we finish university and start looking for a job we immediately realize that it was a mistake not to put enough effort into learning a second language in the past. Some people come to this conclusion earlier because they have reasons to speak a foreign language and understand the benefits of being bilingual.
- As soon as you feel that you can speak a new language fluently, you can notice how your self-confidence increases. The understanding that you have successfully mastered a foreign language can give you a lot of confidence in your abilities and help you overcome the fear of communication in many situations. For example, you will benefit from this during the trip to other countries, at an interview in an international company, during business trips, and when dealing with work issues with foreign partners – especially if your colleagues or clients do not speak your mother tongue. Another great thing is that you can never stop improving your language proficiency level to become more and more professional in your communication and get career advantages and new opportunities.
- Learning a foreign language will expand your horizons, increase your IQ level and mental skills, see things from a different perspective, and develop your natural talent.
- The economy is more globalized today than ever before. This means that international companies need employees who speak at least two languages. It often happens that the knowledge of a second language is a lucky ticket. As a result, you receive a huge chance and a big advantage in the competition for a prestigious position.
- It’s much more comfortable to travel abroad if you don’t have a language barrier. Even a basic knowledge of German, for example, will allow you to travel to Bonn or Berlin with great comfort and not be afraid to talk to the locals.
- When learning a foreign language, you will have to interact with different people from distant countries. And that is really very interesting experience. This means that you will have a lot of wonderful opportunities to learn traditions that are absolutely new to you, listen to new music, etc. Understanding a foreign language will give you some idea of the diversity of our planet and the impressive features of different cultures.
- When studying a foreign language a lot of time is devoted to memorizing texts and words. After all, you are working on a subject that is new to your brain. By activating your mental activity and forcing the brain to remember, you thereby better remember facts and events, become a potentially more effective employee, and comprehensively enrich your life as a whole.
How to Learn a New Language Fast
There are different ways of learning new languages depending on whether you are going to study by yourself or visit some classes or courses. In case you don’t have enough time to visit courses, one of the best ways to learn new languages is using an online software program or a mobile app that allows you to learn any time and at any place.
According to the ComboApp education marketing agency, the education market is highly competitive nowadays. For example, there are more than 500,000 educational apps on the AppStore and Google Play so you will definitely find something suitable for yourself. Pay attention to user reviews and ratings as they will help you to understand what the mobile application lacks and what the main issues that users face are, especially if the solution is paid.
Use the free time that you may have during the day while standing in a queue or driving back home from work. Even 30 mins per day will help to progress in learning. It is also recommended to listen to local music and watch movies without subtitles.