There are probably a few hundred thousand games on the App Store and Play Store combined. And there wasn’t a more apt time to try out a few of them before the pandemic! Contrary to what people say on Reddit, if you own a smartphone and have heard of Candy Crush Saga, you have all the prerequisite qualifications to be a gamer.
Now whether you like single-player RPGs, strategy games, sports, puzzles, action-adventure games, or iGames is irrelevant. Since there are plenty of options to choose from. Online gambling, for instance, gained prominence during the quarantine. If you’d like to try your hands at iGaming, here’s a list of online casinos by PAPunter. For everything else,
Here’s a list of the Top 6 Mobile Games of 2020
1. Fortnite – If you like multiplayer games and have a survival strategy in mind, you’ll definitely enjoy Fortnite. This MMORPG supports cross-platform gaming, meaning you can play alongside friends on consoles or a PC. However, if you’re playing on a mobile device, you’re at a bit of a disadvantage as the console and PC versions are more refined and offer greater control over the character. Nonetheless, this is a great learning opportunity while you get the hang of things!
2. Skate City – Are you a huge Tony Hawk fan? Skate City is based on Pro Skater and is a one-of-a-kind game on the mobile platform. If you talk about skateboarding all day and miss practice sessions with friends during quarantine, Skate City is a great alternative for the time being. Combine the combo moves and perform wicked stunts as you move around the virtual arena with fans cheering on. Skate City is one of the most downloaded games on the App Store and is worth every bit of the hype.
3. Marvel Contest of Champions – If you were a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom you’ll definitely like this modern version with a twist. Marvel Contest of Champions is the closest yet to the iconic title and features a host of crazy powerful characters from the Marvel Comics superhero universe. If you’re a comic book fan like us, this one is definitely worth the try. Purist, however, would still prefer the original!
4. Words with Friends – A frustrating crossword puzzle that will intermittently encourage you to break off your friendship and accuse the opponent of every kind of cheating attempt under the sun. The app encourages players to strictly keep the language below 18 and is a great way to spend time with friends while practicing social distancing.
5. Sayonara Wild Hearts – One of the best action-packed titles we’ve come across, Sayonara Wild Hearts puts a massive emphasis on the rhythmic background score. Enjoy the feeling of gaming while drowning in tasteful music from various artists. The highlights of the game are definitely its soundtracks and gameplay.
6. Minecraft – The original sandbox pixelated builder that took the world of gaming by storm is now back in a modern avatar on the smartphone. Like Fortnite, the game offers cross-platform compatibility meaning you can play with friends on consoles and the PC at the same time. If you’re looking to reminisce in past glories, there is no better way than a quick Minecraft session with friends.